Each year, the West Central Association of REALTORS® Awards Committee announces that it is accepting nominations for REALTOR® of the Year and Rookie of the Year.
Nominees may be a REALTOR® who has demonstrated high standards, exceptional customer service or makes a point to serve in his or her community.
Rookie of the Year has the same requirements as REALTOR® of the Year with the additional stipulation that Candidates for Rookie of the Year must be licensed for a minimum of two years by the first open nomination date and a maximum of five years licensed by the date of the first nominations.
Statement of Purpose
The REALTOR® of the year committee is chaired by the previous REALTOR® of the year.
The submissions for REALTOR® of the Year and Rookie of the Year will be evaluated by two members from another association and then given to the chairperson for confirmation.
- The current president of the West Central Association of REALTORS® shall not be eligible in that year to receive the West Central Association of REALTORS® “REALTOR OF THE YEAR” award.
- There shall be two awards given: REALTOR® of the Year (Salesperson or Broker) and Rookie of the Year (Salesperson)
How It Works
Nominations are submitted to the board office and then each person is notified that they have been nominated and are asked to accept the nomination.
Those nominees that have accepted their nominations are then required to complete a survey detailing their Local, State, National, Civic and Business/Educational activities.
These surveys are then shared with two separate out of area Board staff who then tally up the points based on the survey answers.
The nominees names are omitted.
The nominee with the most points for REALTOR® of the Year and Rookie of the Year will then be announced at our annual Installation Banquet when the new incoming elected officials are announced.
Here are a few example survey questions:
- Has the nominee ever served on a committee?
- How many membership meetings has the nominee attended?
- Is the nominee a member of a NAR Institute, Society or Council?
- List activities or involvement in civic groups, religious organizations, service clubs, campaigns or political organizations; public offices held; service on local planning, zoning board, etc.
- Has the nominee earned any designations?
To submit a nominee, send our office an email with first and last name of the WCAR member.
Nominee submissions are open during the month of July.
Candidates then have the month of August to submit their completed survey.
Points are tallied in mid September.
Winners are announced early October at our annual membership meeting.