Board of Directors
Board of Directors FAQ
- There are 10 members of the Board: 6 at-large, 3 officers, 1 immediate past President
- At-large Directors serve 2-year terms
- Officers serve for a term of one year only
At least three (3) months before the annual election, a Nominating Committee of five (5) REALTOR® Members shall be appointed by the President with the approval of the Association of Directors.
Of these, one shall be the President Elect and one shall be a past President.
The Nominating Committee shall select at least one candidate for each office and at least one candidate for each place to be filled on the Board of Directors.
The report of the Nominating Committee shall be noticed to each member eligible to vote at least four (4) weeks preceding the election.
Additional candidates for the offices to be filled may be placed in nomination by request, signed by the candidate, with the Executive Officer at least two (2) weeks before the election.
No candidate shall hold more than one office position.
The President, with the approval of the Board of Directors, shall appoint an Election Committee of Four Active Members to count the ballots and assist in the voting if needed.
The candidate receiving the highest number of votes for their respective office or position shall be declared as elected.
In case of a tie vote between two (2) members, the issue shall be determined by lot.
In the event of a tie vote among three (3) or more members, the issue will be decided by a run-off election to be held before adjournment of the Annual Meeting.
If the vote continues to be a tie, then the issue will be decided by lot.
Serving on the Board is a rewarding experience and a way to have an influence on the real estate industry and your association.
The Mission of the Board is to elevate our members business by providing exceptional value, driving innovation and impacting the industry.
The Board is the governing body of the Association responsible for Strategy, Policy & Oversight.
- Strategy: setting the strategic direction of WCAR by supporting and overseeing the implementation of WCAR’s strategic plan,
- Policy: creating policies and programs to benefit members and advance the mission
- Oversight: overseeing resource allocation, including adoption of the annual budget, and evaluating progress of programs, products and services.
WCAR seeks positive team players who are visionary leaders who want to help take the Association to the next level.
Time commitment: The Board meets monthly and is encouraged to actively participate in Association events.